You are here: Foswiki>GEO_SIF Web>SifMeetings>SifMeeting-2013-11-1 (01 Nov 2013, DavidArctur)EditAttach

SIF Meeting, 01-November-2013

Convened: 13:30 - 15:00 UTC

Attending: Steve Browdy (SB), David Arctur (DA), Siri Jodha Khalsa (SJ), William Sonntag (WS), Osamu Ochiai (OO, Geosec),

Recording: DA

Previous meeting notes: SifMeeting-2013-10-18

Agenda and Discussion

  • 2013 interoperability topics (results in whitepapers)
    • GEOLabel update: JM to post discussion about API for web services to generate GEOLabel for the resource (not started yet)
      • [ ACTION ] SB to contact JM to get this started; 6 weeks to go till needed
    • Discuss work and timeline for registration alternatives, see white paper v0.71 attached on SIF page for SifResourceRegistration
      • [ ACTION ] SB to post asap w/o watermark as googledoc for editing; SJ, SB, DA to edit during coming week.

  • GEOSS Tutorials
    • Review those that need attention: SB sent out email yesterday to SIF asking for help
      • DA: may need to target specific SIF folks to complete specific tutorials, if not enough response to this call for help

  • Any other business
    • SJ: concern that CSR has been down for over a week. Had been encouraging COOPEUS folks to get engaged, have their attention and willingness to help, but GCI not up to the task. General concern for responsiveness, sustainability and scalability of GCI (except for DAB)
    • DA: Shares these concerns. Also this week, CSR lost my login registration; I re-registered and now cannot find all my previously registered resources. Even today, only half my web services show up, but none of them allow edit or viewing details, missing link to UUID
    • SB: have reported issues with both CSR and GEO Web Portal for years, with little response. Will contact Doug (cc Ivan Deloach) for followup [ ACTION ]
    • Osamu: saw demos for new GEOSS portal and GCI components at recent ExCom meeting, but nothing about CSR
    • SJ: there have been a steady flow of EU FP7 funded activities to strengthen GEOSS, but nothing like this comes from US or US GEO, except for inadequate support for CSR through GMU. Possible coordination funding from NSF SAVI program?

Next meeting date: 8 November 2013 at 14:30 UTC, then next on 22 November

(NOTE: EU Summer Time ends Sunday 27-Oct; US DST ends Sunday 3-Nov; will switch meeting time to 14:30 UTC after Nov. 1 meeting)

-- DavidArctur - 01 Nov 2013
Topic revision: r3 - 01 Nov 2013, DavidArctur
 

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback