SIF Meeting, 17-May-2013

Convened: 13:30 - 14:30 UTC

Attending: Steve Browdy (SB), David Arctur (DA), Bart De Lathouwer (BD), Espen Volden (EV, Geosec)

Recording: DA

Agenda and Discussion

  • Mime Types for the SIR and CSR changes (quick review)
    • Needed for helper apps - please fill in!
    • Bart De Lathouwer will work on the OGC types
    • JM suggests we should use mime types for formats, but use the DAB or Context doc URI for service types (are these the same, eg, for WMS?)
    • Don't invent new URI types
  • Discussion of Data Citation as an SIR entry (with Hans-Peter Plag)
    • Hans-Peter not on the call
    • see: http://www.gstss.org/library/GEOSS_Data_Citation_Guidelines_V2.0.pdf
    • SB: proposes to put this document in the Best Practices Wiki, rather than in the SIR. This does not represent a community-adopted standard or special arrangement.
    • DA, JM agree; ACTION: SB will put this in the BP Wiki and ask Hans-Peter to suggest a future meeting time if further discussion is needed.
  • UNEP Live update (with Mick Wilson)
  • SIF Operating Procedures review
  • OWS Standard in BPW/Tutorials
  • 2013 interoperability topics to consider (results in two whitepapers)
    • Broker “knowledge” of resource metadata and fixing "numbers" issues
    • Registration alternatives
  • Any other business
    • Work Plan Symposium (IIB Meetings)
Next meeting date: 31 May 2013

-- DavidArctur - 14 May 2013

This topic: GEO_SIF > WebHome > SifMeetings > SifMeeting-0213-05-17
Topic revision: revision 3
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback